Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day

Hey, a big "Happy Mother's Day" to all you mom's out there today. :o)

I stayed out here at my mom's over the weekend with the kids like I do sometimes. So we blessed her with a house full. Plus, yesterday we had another open meeting for our Renaissance Faire we put on so it was busy between doing that yesterday and running all over for Mother's Day today.

For Mother's Day today we went up north to a rather large greenhouse we visit every Mother's Day so I can spend way too much money (lol) and also buy my mom her gift. She always picks out a hanging basket of her favorite flowers. The prices are awesome compared to the more local greenhouses because they grow their own and also do distributing to others as well. So it really is best to be able to buy direct.

After that my brother, his fiance, and the 3 kids came out here to visit and drop off some gifts and after they left it was off to grandma's house to drop off flowers for her and then back to the house because company was coming again. Anyway, it was fun but tomorrow it's back to cleaning and painting at home.

Now that I got new plants to play with and gardens still yet to clean I am tempted to be outside mostly. But I still have ideas I want to put down with my paint brush.

I know I won't be painting for too much longer though before my big break comes up at the end of May beginning of June.

I am a big part of the Olde World Renaissance Faire here in Twig (see link at side) that was started by my parents 5 years ago outdoors and we always have many projects and chores before it starts. We are swamped with errands from Tuesday until Monday. Getting up early to move things, haul, shovel, rake, put up, lift, build, and so on and so forth and then go to bed real real late just to get up really early and start again. I'm so tired before it actually opens on Saturday morning that I could curl up and sleep all weekend and we are just beginning our weekend opening then. lol

But I know I'm needed and glad I can be of help of which we are always short of so it's that's why I'm so tired. It's just that for all the work I too would greatly like to be able to take a break and enjoy it a little. Oh well, some day.

I don't mean to sound at all like I'm complaining. It's just it's such a long and busy weekend for me to get through and I won't be able to paint and garden for a couple weeks up to the Monday after the faire because I'll be gone or resting. :o) But I will be back after that.

Anyway, enough of all that. I will be having a few more paintings coming up before my break so keep an eye out for them. Until then, TTFN.

Jamie

No comments:

Evening Majesty

Evening Majesty
Sold ACEO

Orca's playground

Orca's playground
Sold 4 x 6 OSWOA

Sea Of Dreams

Sea Of Dreams
Sold 4 x 6 Acrylic