Sunday, August 24, 2008

Hey, I won second place! YEAH!!


Yes, I won second place in the ACEO YBA Contest. I am so excited. This was my first contest and I was so nervous because of all the great art that was entered. I really can not believe I got second. I thought for sure I was going to place at the highest 3rd or 4th. So I was happy...still am. YEAH!! lol

Anyway, I just completed another piece today. It's a 16" x 20" acrylic on canvas. I can't take pics right now as it's still drying. But I did a modern abstract. I really like all forms of art and mixing colors is so much fun. With abstract there are no rules...AT ALL. No shading or lines in the right spots or the correct colors even. Just paint what the brush directs you to do. I will show pics when it has dried soon here. It's going on eBay as I need the funds for an annual family trip next month. So I am putting the painting in first gear here. lol!

Well I can see that I should end here as I need to clean up and start dinner. TTFN :o)

your friend in art,
Jamie

No comments:

Evening Majesty

Evening Majesty
Sold ACEO

Orca's playground

Orca's playground
Sold 4 x 6 OSWOA

Sea Of Dreams

Sea Of Dreams
Sold 4 x 6 Acrylic